Our innovative damper design solves one of the major flaws of the almost unbreakable Landrover TD5 engine, with happy customers reporting lowered engine vibration at highway speed after fitment.
The OEM damper utilises a cast iron dual damping mass, mounted to the hub using a bearing that oscillates as engine vibrations are absorbed. Over time, the bearing wears through its hard casing, which transfers additional heat, friction and stress through the bonded rubber. Eventually, this leads to a partial, or complete, failure of the rubber bond or breakage of the hub/damping mass, leading to accelerated engine wear and increased vibration, which can often be felt through the cabin. The risk of failure is accelerated when operating in dusty, muddy and harsh 4×4 environments.
- Maintains OEM pulley diameters, locations and profiles
- Designed and manufactured in-house using CMM, 3D modelling and state of the art CNC technology
- Bonded using our proprietary Ross Tuffbond process incorporating anti-vibration, anti-tear natural rubber
- Laser etched 360° timing marks
- High-quality black finishes
- Seamless integration with our trigger disc and dry sump drive adaptor
- Utilises grade 10.9 or better hardware
- Complies with SFI spec 18.1